Dreams take hard work and good planning to flourish. But they must also be planted in fertile ground.
Brookings, South Dakota, offers a unique climate that helps grow dreams into strong businesses. With lowest national business costs* and an entrepreneurial spirit, Brookings is the ideal place to cultivate a business. The community is home to South Dakota State University, the largest in the state, which provides a skilled labor force, educational resources and everything that comes with a Division I university. A population of over 20,000 and convenient location along the I-29 corridor are other great business resources.
For those looking for a place to retire or just to call home, Brookings offers impressive quality of life for families, including great schools, clean air and plentiful amenities.
So find out more about how Brookings businesses like 3M and Daktronics are achieving local, national and even international success.
Bring your dreams to Brookings. We’ll help them grow.
To find out more contact Al Heuton, Executive Director of Brookings Economic Development Corporation at (605) 697-8103.
- 6.13.13 Brookings seeks to serve aging population
- University and civic leaders are positioning Brookings as an active adult retirement community.
- 6.6.13 Brookings to Boomerville?
- Brookings has defied Census estimates to display dramatic growth.
- 5.31.13 Mayor Reed gives "State of the City" message
- A growing sales tax revenue and expanding property tax base have brought the local economy back to pre-recession levels.
- 5.30.13 SDSU scientist documents wetland losses in Dakotas
- Professor Carol Johnston of SDSU Natural Resource Management Department recently completed a study to determine the amount of loss